American Academy of Pet Grooming Curriculum
One of the most important lessons in pet grooming is learning by doing,
not later on the job. With individualized attention, you will learn.
All of our instructors are experienced groomers. They
will teach you grooming and share their field experience. You will
be prepared to develop your own client base. We also have guest lectures
from professional groomers in the metropolitan area and field trips to
local shops, the AKC Library, Westminster Dog Show, and Intergroom Show.
line, you will learn by doing.
Questions? Please read the Top 10
Frequently Asked Questions.
The Basic Program
- Introduction to dog grooming
- Hands on grooming
- Equipment care
- Basic grooming techniques
- First Aid
- Flea and tick evaluation and treatment
- Breed recognition
- Dog anatomy
- Identification of skin disorders
- Dental care
- Styling techniques
- Field trips including shops, Westminster, and Intergroom
- Dog handling and control
- Bite prevention techniques
- Bathing, drying, brushing, combing, and dematting of coat
- Scissor control and clipper use
The Advanced Master Pet Stylist Program
- Everything in the Beginner Program PLUS...
- Pattern setting, blending, and shaping
- Shop management: Business planning, customer relations, field trips,
planning your grooming purchases, receiving client's dogs, flea and tick
evaluation and treatment, and dental care.
- Basic Program Tuition: $5,000.00 for 150 Hours
- Advanced Master Pet Stylist Program Tuition: $6,500.00 for 250 Hours
- Professional Equipment Kit: $650.00 plus $54.44 tax
- Registration: $100.00
Total for Basic Program: $5,804.44
Total for Advanced Master Pet Stylist Program: $7,304.44
American Academy of Pet Grooming Inc. l 202 East 25th Street l New
York, NY 10010 l 212-686-3890
AAOPG serves the needs of pets and their owners in New York City, New
Jersey, Staten Island,
West Chester County, Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queen,
Bronx, and Orange County.
Copyright © 2009 American Academy
of Pet Grooming,
Inc. All Rights Reserved